Sports is one of the most significant sources of entertainment that intrigues millions. The biggest matches of all times have witnessed the most massive audiences. But, sometimes, FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) follows when your other commitments stop you from being a couch potato and watch your favorite game. However, with the best sports apps, you can keep a tab on how your favorite team is performing on the tap of your fingers.
Market reach of the sports apps for Android worldwide as of September 2019 equates to 30.44% — Statista
No matter which sports niche you choose, there is an app available for almost every game you can think of.
Ten Best Sports Apps Available on Android and iOS
Here are the ten best sports apps for Android and iOS that you can choose from in 2020.
1. Bleacher Report
The Bleacher Report mobile app updates you with the latest news on the game status and scores. This sports app also allows you to follow your favorite teams and clubs so that you never miss out on any new developments and interesting facts.
The enumerate filters let the users customize the app to suit their needs.
- Personalization option to choose your favorite teams
- Fastest sports app for all the breaking news and score updates
- Carousels for your chosen teams on the app’s home screen
- Displays the stories penned down by sportswriters
- Ability to bookmark your favorite stories
2. Yahoo Sports
Yahoo Sports is one of the best free sports apps for Android & iOS that gives you quick information related to your favorite football leagues. You can also watch MLB and NHL games live without any subscription.
The news and updates on other games such as cricket, tennis, boxing, and cycling are also available.
- Enhanced coverage of all major football leagues
- Personalized updates based on favorite teams
- Curated content from blogs and news articles
- Clean and user-friendly user interface
- Look for videos and articles with enhanced search functionality
theScore is one of the popular apps for sports that offers quick sports updates, analysis, and scores with breaking sports news. You can also look at the sports event calendar to keep yourself updated about the upcoming games.
theScore sports app gives you holistic experience by keeping you virtually connected to the stadiums.
- Personalized news feed
- Real-time scores dashboard
- Group chat option for fans and friends
- Biggest social stories on your favorite teams and players
- Social media sharing option available
4. CBS Sports
CBS Sports is one of the best sports news apps that provides customized updates on scores, stats, and analytics. The app even offers you live sports streaming for many sports events, such as NCAA Basketball and the PGA Tour.
Avid sports lovers can tune in to CBS Sports Radio for live broadcasts and watch CBS Sports HQ channel that offers video streaming experience.
- Personalized news and updates
- 24/7 sports news streaming available
- Daily advice on betting by experts
- On-demand highlights for your favorite game
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
This also comes under the best sports app category, which provides live coverage and score updates for around 25 sports. The notable part of the app is that it can be run with Android wear smartwatches and stream a small video click after every five minutes of making a goal.
The time to time updates and players’ ratings make this app unique in itself.
- Synchronizes with Android wear smartwatches
- Chat option to connect with sports enthusiasts
- Team season statistics are available
- Quizzes available for better engagement
- “Battle Draft” game integration
Since 1998, LiveScore has been providing real-time game scores. This sports stats app provides on-the-go scores for tennis, basketball, football, soccer, and hockey. The live-commentary with matches is the icing on the cake.
The app supports a clean layout that makes it easy to skim through the game highlights.
- Ability to star a match to receive live notifications
- Can add your preferred game to the favorites section
- “Explore” option to find your favorite sports
- Pitch view available to follow the track of the ball
- Calendar feature for tracking upcoming matches
7. BBC Sport
BBC Sport is considered among the best sports apps for sports enthusiasts for its latest and prompt news updates, live score updates, and game highlights. The app has introduced some privacy protocol changes to ensure the data security of its members.
BBC Sport focuses on enhancing mobile user experience and serving you directly with the type of information you demand with personalized updates on the home screen.
- Live video-streaming of sports events and on-demand highlights
- Advanced personalization with “My Sport” page
- Can stream live games and highlights on the TV with Chromecast
- Dedicated indexes for almost all the major sports events
- Can share trending stories and score updates with friends and followers
365Scores enables all the sports enthusiasts to enjoy comprehensive coverage of around ten sports with the latest updates on scores, statistics, videos, and schedule. It offers the latest information on teams as well as players from all regions.
The noteworthy addition to the sports application is the multistage football trivia game, which promises to keep the users engaged.
- You can follow your favorite matches and teams
- Live game tracker for all the updates on-the-go
- Live player ratings and heatmaps
- Gaming availability to keep users engaged
- Great notification system to keep you updated
9. MSN Sports
MSN Sports is popular for real-time and quick updates on your favorite sports events. The app covers over 150 leagues and allows you to follow thousands of teams within a matter of clicks.
The easy navigation and the left and right swipe feature to view articles make this app rank among the best apps for sports to download.
- Facility to follow favorite teams and leagues
- Latest news and real-time score updates from across the gaming world
- The sports app also shows the venue for every sports event
- Attractive and responsive user experience design
- Provides post-game stats and video highlights
FlashScore sports app covers more than 30 sports and around 6000 sports events to keep its users updated on the latest news, scores, stats, and standings. The updates are in real-time, which means the experience will be similar to sitting in the stadium and watching your favorite teams.
You can easily follow your favorite matches and teams to avoid missing out on the latest happenings.
- Push notifications and alerts for the games you follow
- A connected experience across all devices
- Live-text commentary available for all sports events
- In-depth match previews and recaps
- “Team News” feature to keep you updated on the latest news
The app store and play store support tons of sports apps to choose from. The sports app development industry is continuously innovating with the apps’ features to offer the best user experience.
You can choose any of the above to stay updated on the latest happenings around the preferred sports events.
Download the best sports app today and become a virtual spectator of your favorite game!