Net Solutions' helped GWA Group improve
Digital Customer Experience Across Multiple Properties
GWA Group Limited
Recognized as the most trusted name in the building and construction sector of Australia, GWA Group is an importer, designer, and distributor of kitchen and bathroom fittings.
Their websites were originally designed in an older version of Drupal i.e. Drupal 7. The original task was to migrate all of their portals from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8, make all their websites, portals, and applications responsive, use analytics to optimize the experience, and redesign accordingly.
The sites must be redesigned to make them responsive for a compelling mobile experience. The client wanted to hire a full-scale partner, with proven capabilities in both design and development, to reduce the full time engagement of their in-house digital team, so that they could focus on innovation and growth rather than managing developers.
This was a giant task in itself, as the current few products listed on the websites were mostly unnecessary. Variety of tools were used to collaborate and manage the project and business analysis aspects.
We started with three full-time resources and one T&M ( time and material pricing ) resource. We then scaled up to twelve full-time staff, and around five staff for T&M. The account manager and the project manager working on the client's account, finalized the resources.
In addition to redesigning the existing site, we also did maintenance work for their eleven Drupal sites, and continued to rebuild branded microsites for launch later in the year. We designed and built a specifications tool for the sales team, and a competitor-monitoring app for the marketing team.
The quality of work offered was impeccable: we used an iterative process of continuous integration, and deployment of resources to meet the needs of the client. We also moved their websites from legacy hosting to AWS cloud infrastructure.
We started with sprint 0, where the product owner discussed the requirements in detail with the stakeholders on the client's end. At the same time, the UX analyst created the design framework. In addition, we were provided with the wireframes and designs. The PO created the backlog in terms of stories based on the designs provided to us, and we divided the features into sprints.
Each sprint ran for three weeks, and included development and testing of the feature set, followed by UAT by the product owner. Meanwhile, the PO worked on the sprint to follow. At the end of each sprint, we sent a working prototype for the client's review, and feedback received was incorporated in the next set of sprints.
We incorporated the additional features in Kanban after releasing the MVP. This helped the client hit the market well on time with the required features, and we added the features into subsequent releases.