Introduced last month after many years of development, Magento 2.0 is a popular talking point among online and omnichannel retailers and ecommerce-platform developers. Magento claims this next generation open-source digital-commerce platform as “the new platform that empowers brands, retailers, and businesses across B2C and B2B industries to quickly and cost-effectively deliver engaging omnichannel shopping experiences.”
What motivated Magento to upgrade to Magento 2.0?
The platform came into existence with Magento 2.0 team declaring the main goals of the current enhancement as following:
- Updating the technology stack;
- Simplifying external integrations;
- Improving performance and scalability;
- Streamlining the customization process;
- Enabling easier installations and upgrades;
- Delivering better quality, testing resources, and documentation.
With two new products on this powerful platform, viz. Magento Enterprise Edition 2.0 and Magento Community Edition 2.0, already available for download here and on GitHub here, read on to know what the exclusive features of Magento 2.0 are.
Magento 2.0 New Advanced Features
- Compatibility with Modern Technologies including modern PHP versions (5.4 or above), CSS3, HTML5, mySQL (5.6 or higher), along with support for Varnish 4 and HHVM 3.6 compatibility.
- Easier and Quicker Customization, thanks to modularized search interface, support for XML validation, multilevel theme inheritance, and pre-packaged responsive theme.
- Better omnichannel shopping experiences due to faster and easier checkouts and built-in responsive design themes to ensure a seamless experience across any device.
- Improved Performance and Scalability with the help of full-page cache support, separate database for order processing, reduced amounts of code, new indexers, and multiple admin-users creation support.
- Low Development/ Maintenance Costs and Faster Time to Market as relatively modern code base will allow for cleaner installation and upgradation.
- Easier Front-end Development and Enhanced Performance with the introduction of modern HTML5-powered themes and LESS CSS preprocessor.
- Reduced Upgradation Costs and Efforts as the core Magento software and extensions will be very easy to update to. To know the details about the new Data Migration Tool to help migrate from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0, click here.
- Updated Directories Structure, now much similar to the Zend framework rather than that of Magento 1.x, will have 5 folders without any base theme.
- Standalone Database for order management and checkout helps in fastening the website and increasing the Google ranking. It will also trim down the loading time of the page from 5-8 second lag to 1-2 seconds fast-page response.
Time to Upgrade to Magento 2.0
Magento has over 200,000 merchants around the world. With this, it is on its way of dominating e-commerce market step by step. Features of Magento 2.0 seem really impressive and give a lot to the universality and extensibility of the platform. It is, therefore, time to take your online store to the next level.
Wish to build a new ecommerce store or strengthen your existing online presence using Magento 2.0? Drop an Email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org