Introduction to your Job
- Liaising closely with the client at the conceptualization stage to answer questions such as: why is the site needed, who is the target audience, who are the leading competitors etc.
- Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content and ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical.
- To create visual concepts that matches the content and the image wanted by the clients.
- Designing a draft site for client approval or modification.
- Advising the client on categories and information needed to construct the site.
- To design websites ensure that they are visually effective and easy to access.
- Test website’s compatibility on different resolutions and browsers such as IE, Firefox, Safari.
- Utilize design skills and creativity to come up with new, and innovative designs for websites, landing pages, micro sites, banner ads, etc.
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients. -Provide training on maintenance and update procedures to clients who choose to take charge of their own websites.
Ideally, you should have:
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Design tools- Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator.
- Good knowledge of ancillary software like Premiere, After-Effects, etc. is desired.
- Ability to give visual identity to the project idea communicated by the client.
- Should have good Communication skills.
- Should have problem solving, prioritizing tasks, multi-tasking abilities
- Should be able to understand and handle tasks independently within client’s design restraints
- Ability to work to deadlines & as a team member